Policies » Section C: General School Administration » CCB: Line And Staff Relations
Policy Date: 05/17/2022Download Policy Now
HSD File: CCB
HOOKSETT SCHOOL DISTRICT
LINE AND STAFF RELATIONS
The following principles shall govern the administrative operation of the school system:
1. Each school shall be encouraged to develop its educational program most appropriate for the students attending that school, consistent with School Board policy, state law, and State Board regulations.
2. The Superintendent shall have specific responsibility for overseeing the pattern and sequence of educational experiences provided for children from Kindergarten through Grade 12.
3. Responsibility shall flow simply and clearly from the teachers, Principals, and the Superintendent to the School Board.
4. Each member of the staff shall be told as to whom s/he is responsible and for what functions.
5. Whenever feasible, each member of the staff shall be made responsible to only one immediate superior for any one function.
6. Each staff member shall be told as to whom s/he can go for help in working out his/her own functions in the school program.
7. Nothing in this policy shall be construed as to mean that staff are not to speak to School Board Members, only that employment issues should be escalated through line of supervision as described elsewhere in the policy.
Line of Responsibility
Each employee in the district, except the clerk, treasurer, auditor and counsel, shall be responsible to the Board through Superintendent.
All personnel shall refer matters requiring administrative action to the administrator immediately in charge of the area in which the problem arises.
Administrators shall refer such matters to the next level of authority when necessary.
Adopted: October 7, 1975
Adopted: December 21, 1999
Revised: May 2, 2017
Revised: May 17, 2022