Policies » Section I: Instruction » IJOC-A: Parent Involvement Program
Policy Date: 04/03/2001Download Policy Now
HSD File: IJOC-A
HOOKSETT SCHOOL DISTRICT
PARENT INVOLVEMENT PROGRAM
The Hooksett School District recognizes that the child’s education is a responsibility shared by the
school and family during the entire period the child spends in school. To support the goals of the
school district to educate all students effectively, the schools and parents and/or guardians must
work as knowledgeable partners.
The Hooksett School Board will support the development, implementation, and regular evaluation
of a parent involvement program, which will involve parents at all grade levels in a variety of
roles. The parent involvement program will be comprehensive and coordinated in nature and will
include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Support to parents as leaders and decision-makers in advisor roles.
2. Promotion of clear, two-way communication between the school and the family as to
school programs and children’s progress.
3. Assistance to parents and/or guardians to develop parenting skills to foster positive
relationships at home that support children’s efforts and provide techniques designed
to assist their children with learning at home.
4. Involvement of parents, under staff supervision, in instructional and support roles at
5. Provision of access to and coordination of community and support services for
children and families.
The Superintendent or designee will develop administrative regulations to foster parent
involvement and implement this policy.
Adopted: April 3, 2001